“Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.” – Immanuel Kant
“Happiness is an organized car?” – me
- Hay bales, dogs, tires, bicycles, skis, back roads in inclement weather & kids with snacks to create the mess in the first place – incalculable costs to pocket-book, mental state and hair colour
- New space aged dirt sucking cleaning compound – $3.99
- Charity fundraisers willing to detail cars – $50
- Scentsy smell pouch – $7
- Time spent at a friends house borrowing a shop vac and sharing some coolers – priceless
In an attempt at justified laziness I decided to have my car detailed by a local charity fundraising group. Unfortunately, the organization providing this service was not anywhere I could find them. There is every possibility that this came down to details about time or place that I failed to pay attention to.
So, it has come to this! … I would have to clean my own car. After a day of successfully avoiding the task with work, play, & social visits, I headed to a friends house to borrow her shop vac.
Two hours and two drink slater (he he), my car was vacuumed & organized. It is still dusty because the space aged compound I bought for sucking up dirt left linty stuff in it’s wake.
I might have cleaned the windows but I got a better offer, so I hung up my new Scentsy smell pouch (Beach flavour), and drove off feeling, if not happiness, definitely contentment.
So…it has come to this !
Good things come in two’s – two hours, two drinks, two friends.
Any suggestions for my upcoming ‘invent a drink day’ ? Leave a comment
Rating: Organizing my car day (7 out of 10)
- Itchy feet – 3 out of 5 (I was excited that someone else was going to do it)
- Twitch – the doctors office is not open til Tuesday
- Happy hour – 4 out of 5 (cleaning the car myself was not ideal, but the girlfriend time is irreplaceable)
What the heck does all that mean, you ask? Click here to get to the ‘Happiness Is…?’ page. You’ll find out why I’m doing this and if you scroll towards bottom of the page you can read about the rating system.
Tomorrow: Invent a hug day. Use the calendar to view my happiness tasks for each day along with a brief description of the task and why I chose it.