“The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.” ~Arthur Schopenhauer
Being stabbed by a unicorn while sucking an epidural would cure both, but it’s hardly likely to make me happy. *
Alternative: the ‘Flash on caffeine‘ routine. “I’ll be back before this banana can hit the ground… zoom! zoom! zoom!” Instantly I’m imagining the Flash slipping on the banana and I’m giggling. Shhhh… no time for nonsense. Move down! **
- Happiness Task: Stay busy
- Method: Plan out every second of the day & stick to the schedule
- Motto: Procrastinators unite…tomorrow!
In exact opposition to ‘do nothing day’, this was about leaving no opportunities for unhappiness.
It does work, but it also results in a short blog.
I could have scheduled more time for blog writing, but there’s no time to change that now.
I love lists. Here is one I made for you:
- The six most important things list. Short, sweet and worth $500,000
- A list of ways to make a habit stick. No glue or velcro needed.
- A list of common time management mistakes. Reading this list may be one of them.
- A list of things not to do when you have broken up with someone. Completely off topic, but so true.
- A list of ways to stay focused. Sixty-three of them…practice must make perfect.
- A list of nonsense items to ask for in a store. This may have to be added to my task list.
I wrote a 6 most important things list. I got lots done. I haven’t written one for tomorrow yet. (Please refer to my motto.) The good news is, I don’t need to write it… I’ve learned a new kind of list just for procrastinators.
What could possibly go wrong here?! Unless I slip on that banana.
So…it has come to this !
Failure to click to through some of these links will result in a unicorn slipping on a banana peel and accidentally stabbing someone you’ve never met while a mysterious stranger secretly moves the banana peel to another unicorn crossing and you anxiously nibble your toenails never knowing when it could be your turn to meet the unicorn.
What? Structure makes me rebel.
Rating: Stay busy day (5 out of 10)
- Itchy feet – 2 out of 5 (structure is not my style – unless it’s as a structured procrastinator)
- Twitch – yes
- Happy hour – 3 out of 5 (pleased with amount I got done, served it’s purpose as I wasn’t unhappy, but not really enough time to feel happy)
What the heck does all that mean, you ask? Click here to get to the ‘Happiness Is…?’ page. You’ll find out why I’m doing this and if you scroll towards bottom of the page you can read about the rating system.
Tomorrow: Makeover. Use the calendar to view my happiness tasks for each day along with a brief description of the task and why I chose it.
* The idea for a unicorn stabbing came from SorryIamnotsorry. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
**(It is my unbirthday on Wednesday…I’ll be using the guide in that link I just added to ‘move down’.)
- How To Make Unicorn Poop! (uniquedaily.com)