“Happiness: an agreeable sensation arising from contemplating the misery of another.” – Ambrose Bierce
Ah yes, the motto of the recently single.
I read somewhere that the number one thing people can do to make themselves happy is to ‘play cards’. (People play cards to get lucky too, right? Have you picked up on the euphemism yet or am I being too subtle?) I read this approximately three days after becoming single. I believe that’s called situational irony and it’s not as funny as you might think.
Now that you have a better understanding of how this blog started, let’s get down to business.
They say good things come in 3’s (stay focused; this is a new topic). Today I focused on my favourite number…3. I had tea with 3 lovely ladies, I started my ‘3 things to be grateful for’ daily log, and as I was 3 days behind on my blogging, I wrote trio’s into the last 3 blogs. I challenge you to find them.
- Happiness is…sidling in big boots toward a pot of honey. 3 essentials, 3 questions, 3 examples. There were also 3 different aspects of attempting a physical makeover…what would you add?
- Happiness is…30,000 feet up. 3 rules, 3 sub rules, 3 mum-isms. There were also references to 3 different modes of travel…can you find them?
- Happiness is…in the bathroom. The 3’s are more subtle…for example, the list is a multiple of 3. Let me know when you find the others.
Things I found to be grateful for today:
- The opportunity to reject men online based on the words coming out of their keyboard, (which they had time to contemplate before hitting send), rather than their beer sloshing dance skills and the words coming out of their face, (which, sadly, they probably practiced before hitting the club).
- My returning health. I successfully completed one hour of heart raising physical activity for the first time since being struck down by the flu. It really is just like riding a bike. (don’t go there…focus)
- Learning that happiness is not the best revenge. Happiness should never be a weapon used against another person, (well, maybe friendly fire), however, like card playing, it is better when shared. Back online I go…
Hoping to get lucky, I bought a lottery ticket with the number 3 in it. My family of 3 shared 3 hugs, (yes, the kids hugged each other!). I ate 3 meals and 3 snacks. I listened to a 3 minute song, watched 3 minutes of TV, and read 3 chapters of my book. I also went to sleep 3 hours late… you can have 3 guesses why. (It didn’t involve cards…focus!!)
So…it has come to this !
Studies show that face-to-face meetings make us happier than online networking, so get out there and hobnob the old-fashioned way.
Rating: Lucky #3 day (6 out of 10)
- Itchy feet – 3 out of 5 (How excited can one get over a number?)
- Twitch – yesum
- Happy hour – 3 out of 5 (I picked 3 for obvious reasons plus I wanted to keep you guessing)
What the heck does all that mean, you ask? Read Itchy Feet Explained.
Tomorrow: Have an unbirthday. Use the calendar to view my happiness tasks for each day along with a brief description of the task and why I chose it.