“Happiness is…..finding two olives in your martini when you’re hungry.” Johnny Carson, ‘Happiness is a Dry Martini’
She was pale and British, but funny, smart and surprisingly full of energy. I enjoyed the green smoothie but could not sample the ‘after eight mint bars’ as they had chocolate, (I can’t eat the stuff). Apparently they were great.
The premise is nothing heated over 115’C and all that passes the lips is fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds. Dairy is not allowed either. Off to the grocery store for coconut milk!
One full day spent on a raw food diet later, (although I may have accidentally cheated with feta cheese in a greek salad), and I ‘m still here to tell the tale.
I can’t say I’m inspired to maintain the notion, but carrots and celery aside, I am intrigued. Now, where are those olives…
- 2 Ripe Mangoes, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 Large Avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juiced
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro Leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Black Sesame Seeds
Hand mix all of the ingredients together and serve.
So…it has come to this !
I like coconut milk.
Rating: Eating well day (8 out of 10)
- Itchy feet – 4 out of 5 (re-motivation for healthy living is always a good thing)
- Twitch – tis there
- Happy hour – 4 out of 5 (felt good, lots of energy)
What the heck does all that mean, you ask? Read Itchy Feet Explained.
Tomorrow: Go with the flow. Use the calendar to view my happiness tasks for each day along with a brief description of the task and why I chose it.
- Gin Martini, Gin Martini Recipe & Classic Gin Martini | Pottery Barn (potterybarn.com)