“Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
My series of 5 blogs are completed, (not my best work but got the job done), I’m happier than I was when I started this blog writing adventure, (my wise daughter tells me it’s nothing to do with the tasks and everything to do with the writing), I’ve won races and competitions (far surpassing the goals I’d set for each one)… it’s time to set a big goal.
Keeping in mind that a true goal should be something you believe you can accomplish but also something that scares you a little, here are some ideas I’ve come up with:
- Instead of traveling to Mars on a shoestring budget, I could set dates to see all the wonky sites in the world (like the Devil’s Pool and the Oprah show…hmmm might be too late for that one)
- Instead of winning gold at the Olympics, I could train to improve my triathlon time.
- Instead of completing my bucket list this year, I could pick 5 favourites to tick off and vow never to finish it but to keep adding to it.
- Instead of quitting a money-making job and starting my award-winning novel tomorrow, I could get caught up on my blog, (by the end of the week).
- Instead of becoming the next rural real estate tycoon, I could get all my ducks in a row ready for the day I can buy a home.
- Instead of forcing peace with the detours of my life, stressing over why I’m not the Dalai Lama, and wanting someone to share my fun life with, I could decide to appreciate the moments in each day that make me smile and be the fun someone else wants in their life.
- Instead of caving to the pressure of writing my best blog ever, I could set a goal to have 100 followers by day 365 and 50 likes on one post.
So…it has come to this !
Did you know ‘amazing‘ was voted as one of the most overused words of 2011? I’ve made it my audacious goal to use it more often.
Rating: Set a goal day (7 out of 10)
- Itchy feet – 3 out of 5 (setting a goal means I might have to work towards accomplishing it so I was a little hesitant)
- Twitch – I’ve made it a goal to call the doctor (just in case)
- Happy hour – 4 out of 5 (had fun coming up with fantastic goals)
What the heck does all that mean, you ask? Read Itchy Feet Explained.
Tomorrow: Anonymous fairy day. Use the calendar to view my happiness tasks for each day along with a brief description of the task and why I chose it.