Happiness is like a kiss. You must share it to enjoy it. Bernard Meltzer
“Ah, the kiss. The strange ritual of pressing lips together, exchanging breath and spittle while clicking teeth and touching tongues. Sounds disgusting, but we love to do it.” – Top Ten
Invent a hug day was good so the next logical step was invent a kiss day. I’m not going any further with it than that.
- The kiss from From Here to Eternity as Deborah Kerr and Burt Lancaster locked lips on a beach while waves crashed around them.
- Lady and the Tramp’s kiss that was preceded by slurping on a spaghetti noodle.
- Prince Charming and Princess Aurora (love’s first kiss) in Sleeping Beauty
- Princess Di and Prince Charles with their unprecedented balcony kiss (which led to Kate and Will’s smooch)
- The Kiss – Sculpture by Francois Auguste Rodin
- Life Magazine VJ-Day Kiss in New York (which incidentally ended with the soldier getting slapped)
So…it has come to this !
They say we spend about 2 weeks of our life performing this romantic act. We spend about 7 years suffering from insomnia. Hmmm, I think there may be a better use of those 7 years…
Rating: Invent a kiss day (9 out of 10)
- Itchy feet – 5 out of 5 (Does this need explaining?)
- Twitch – like a butterfly kiss
- Happy hour – 4 out of 5 (had fun trying but didn’t actually succeed in finding a ‘new’ kiss)
What the heck does all that mean, you ask? Read Itchy Feet Explained.
Tomorrow: Host a party. Use the calendar to view my happiness tasks for each day along with a brief description of the task and why I chose it.
- Kiss Like You Mean It (thoughtcatalog.com)